Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
We are seeking a Systems Test Engineering Co-op to gain an understanding of robotics and key robotic technology concepts, manage requirements for complex electromechanical systems with a significant software component, participate in various phases of our product development process, get hands-on experience building, testing and debugging state-of-the-art robotic products, gain an understanding of the test process while helping to develop new testing approaches, and increase your data collection, data interpretation, troubleshooting, and presentation skills.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Support the capture and management of product system requirements
- Support procurement, assembly and debug of prototype robotic systems
- Support testing and evaluation activities of systems composed of wireless communication systems, sensors, computation modules, mobility, and power/energy storage subsystems
- Participate in prototype integration, verification, and validation (IV&V) as needed, including system functional and environmental testing.
Starting possibly with just a rough idea of product testing needs, design, build, develop and verify new product test fixtures
- Current student enrolled in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) major
- Must be comfortable using basic hand tools. Should be comfortable using power tools. Desirable to have machine shop experience
- Aptitude/desire to work in a dynamic environment in a self motivated, action oriented fashion
- Comfortable exploring work tasks, seeking out answers, and working independently when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent oral and written communication/briefing skills
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
- Familiarity with Linux (command line and scripting) a plus
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Broad scholastic experience in multiple disciplines and experience with electromechanical systems and sensors desirable
More Jobs From