Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
Using your knowledge of Linux, C, C++, and Rust, you will engineer elegant
software-based solutions that will enable the flawless delivery of Starrys Internet
service to our customers. Along the way you will enjoy the opportunity to
mentor junior engineers as well as play a significant role in defining the overall
architecture and direction of Starrys products.
Who we're looking for:
You are a principal level engineer, hands-on technical lead, or a senior
engineer looking for the next level up in your career with a BS or MS in
Computer Science or equivalent discipline/experience.
You are an expert in C++ and / or Rust and have tackled embedded
platform bring-up of physical hardware on Linux (DACs, ADCs, PHYs,
SoC IP, PLLs, etc).
You have successfully lead the development of large features and components from concept all the way through to deployment.
You have at least seven years of software development experience which
are a mix of low and high level software.
Bonus points if..
- You have a solid understanding of WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 (802.11ac / 802.11ax)
- You enjoy digging into murky software/hardware issues
- You creatively use software to make hardware exciting and meaningful
- You have in depth knowledge of general networking concepts and hands
on experience debugging networking issues.
Double bonus points if..
- You possess a detailed understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF
- You have a knack for debugging issues from hardware all the way up the
- You are an active contributor to and / or are passionate about open source
- You are driven to learn new languages and technologies while having fun
in a fast paced / fluid environment.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.