The System Test Organization is a high performing, multi-disciplined group, that touches every product in the organization. The Automation team within System Test is recognized in R&D as a critical team to enable scalability and speed of product development. The automation team's mission is to enable iRobot to evaluate robotic systems, modules, and technologies by delivering relevant and reliable automation and test equipment.
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will manage a diverse team engaged in developing the hardware needed to automate physical tests, fixtures, and measurement systems. You and your team will design, implement, test, and document hardware concepts and designs in a variety of tools including Creo, Windchill, SEE Electrical, TwinCAT, and C#.
You will have the opportunity to mentor mechanical, electrical, and controls engineers working in automation hardware. You will not only be responsible for the hardware that is developed but also the processes and methods used by the team, including process flow, documentation standards, and configuration control.
You will work directly with the Software Automation and the Product Development teams on a day to day basis, enabling the successful testing and launch of the next generation of products that will live in millions of homes across the world.
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering discipline (ie. Automation, Controls, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.).
- 7+ years industrial robotic design experience with specific emphasis on control system design, including PLC programming techniques (ladder logic, sequential, structured text, etc.)
- 7+ years in a cross disciplinary leadership role
- Familiarity with industrial sensors, electrical components, and microprocessors
- Experience with user interface creation with appropriate software packages
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of industrial networking (e.g. Ethernet IP and DeviceNet)
- Knowledge of Creo, Windchill, SEE Electrical, or similar tools
- Skilled in problem analysis and resolution
- Knowledge of object-oriented languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java)
- Knowledge of Python, .NET, and SQL
- Knowledge of sensor or computer vision algorithm and application techniques
In Return You Can Expect
iRobot is a highly technical environment that moves extremely fast and the Automation team is no exception to that. The team is in high demand, which has us constantly looking for new and better ways to achieve our goals. There is also a strong sense of team within the department, which makes for a fun and rewarding experience every day.
More Jobs From