As the Systems Process & Tools Team, we are responsible for streamlining our requirements management processes and generating Systems Engineering workflows and procedures. We work across multiple teams to provide best practices and guidelines to foster standardization and consistency.
We are the global administration group for our requirements management tool and we provide training and user support across all our sites.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Define, model and simulate the behavior of the robotic system
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders to transform desired autonomous vehicle capabilities to product design specifications. Use systematic approach to decompose vehicle level requirements to functional and performance requirements for software and hardware components, and derive technical specifications for each. Examples of components are perception, localization, automated planning, control.
- Collaborate with system architects to refine computing platform logical and physical architecture, and drive it from conceptual to production ready maturity.
- Follow the journey of hardware and software evolution to ensure that designs and implementations are correctly interpreting and realizing system requirements. Discover gaps, engage the right technical resources; lead solution developments; drive resolution.
- Define system integration requirements. Partner with systems application, rule book and test and simulation teams in the formulation of test cases that ensures verification coverage and validity for the self-driving system.
- Lead technical design analysis, reviews, trade off studies. Employ model based design and simulation to enable quantitative analysis and data driven decision making.
- Document requirements, design, analysis, and testing with clarity. Maintain traceability among them.
- Assist system integration, perform system debugging and testing during each phase of the product build. Lead issue discovery and resolution development, apply lessons learned towards the improvements and final delivery of a safe autonomous driving vehicle
What We're Looking For
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in owning the technical responsibility over a system or subsystem (preferably in the software domain)
- Excellent communication skills; effective in communicating complex concepts and in driving resolutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for robotics applications and a desire to work in a fast-paced research-powered industrial product development environment
- Curious about and comfort with cutting-edge technology and research
- Interest in formal and model-based methods for defining system behavior and architecture
- Experience in product development
Bonus Points (not required)
- MS in engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in a safety-critical product environment, or the automotive industry
- Experience with robotic systems, autonomous systems, and/or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with software, simulation tools such as Matlab Simulink.