The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead system architecture decision making process, including generating engineering tradeoff studies exploring the decision space at the initial design stage or as problems arise.
- Continually drive alignment between product, technical requirements, architecture design and detailed implementation.
- Define and manage interfaces between system modules, generating design strategies to maintain useful abstraction barriers between components and facilitate appropriate information transfer.
- Analyze full system performance data (e.g. on-road performance data) to identify cross-system trade-offs, trace high-level issues back to requirements and specifications, and identify cross-module solutions for issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for system-level engineering questions and issues that may arise.
- Guide documentation efforts for a complex engineering system, in some cases creating system documentation.
- Provide a view of technical risk to leadership based on system analysis and technology readiness.
What We're Looking For
- Experience working across subsystem boundaries and teams to solve a complex engineering problem
- Deep understanding of an engineering discipline that informs cross-system understanding of typical engineering problems
- Experience with safety-critical system design and associated techniques
- Experience using data analysis to answer system-level performance questions
- A qualified applicant probably has a minimum of 5 years of industry experience or a minimum of 3 years of industry experience plus a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field
Bonus Points (not required)
- General familiarity with programming and software architecture a plus
- Experience with System modeling tools, such as Simulink and Enterprise Architect, and data analysis tools, such as Matlab, R, and python, is a plus
- Experience with or training in formal systems engineering techniques (requirements writing, validation and verification, etc) is a plus
- Experience working with both hardware and software systems is a plus
- Experience delivering fielded robotic systems is a plus