The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the team that enables EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
The Systems Administrator will be a part of a cross-functional IT team working to maintain and configure reliable operations of our systems and AWS cloud infrastructure.
What youll do:
- EC2 management:
- Server administration, software deploys/upgrades, volume snapshots, expansions & recovery procedures, driver updates, security groups, roles/policies.
- Active Directory management - user, group, password management, and domain policy objects.
- Regularly apply Windows and Linux OS security updates/hotfixes.
- DNS management (internal/external), CloudFlare, R53, AD DNS.
- TLS/SSL certificate management
- General troubleshooting of VPN, networking, connectivity, resource issues, etc.
- Help support and troubleshoot with others in Tours Engineering, when needed.
- Monitoring, plugins, AV management
Who you are:
- 3+ years of work experience in IT
- AWS experience with EC2, S3, ACM, VPC, R53, & Load Balancing.
- Experience with Terraform, Github, PowerShell, Bash, and IIS is a plus but not required
- Configuration management experience, i.e., SSM , Salt or other.
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- A restaurant and bar located in two of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.