At Forrester, were trusted to work on trailblazing, mission critical problems that business and technology leaders face today. Thats why were always looking to empower talented individuals to perform at their best every single day. Were proud of our community of smart people and vibrant voices who come together to do whats right by our clients and each other. Our success is driven by curiosity, courage and customer obsession. The confidence and drive to be bold at work. Join us and build an extraordinary future.
About This Role:
The System Integration Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the suite of applications handling the integration points between enterprise systems. The charter for this team is to improve consistency and manageability of how data is propagated between applications and ensuring clean data provenance across the ecosystem. Example applications sourcing and/or receiving data include, but are not limited to: master data management, client website, data warehouse, Salesforce, PeopleSoft ERP, Workday HCM, marketing automation (Eloqua, Data360 Analyze), conference management platforms supporting Forresters events, e-commerce, and e-learning platforms supporting Forresters certifications product.
Successful candidate will have deep exposure to all critical systems for internal and external business operations. There is opportunity to gain deeper knowledge of various coding languages, tools, and frameworks including: Java, REST, Mule, Kafka, Sparx, Apex, and Scala.
- Evaluate and integrate the tools that empower business users to take action on data flowing between applications.
- Maintain and evolve those tools to respond to changing business rules (e.g., GDPR communication restrictions).
- Monitor for and remedy data inconsistencies or changes such as merging, conflicts, and inconsistencies.
- Anticipate strategic value of information across the systems and expose it wherever it can be best used.
- Bachelors degree (or foreign equivalent) in computer science, or a related field.
- More than five years of experience in developing REST and SOAP API integration patterns used by SaaS platforms.
- Five years of extensive experience with enterprise service bus or middleware platforms such as MuleSoft Anypoint, IBM Cast Iron, or Dell Boomi.
- Proficiency in SAML and OAuth authentication protocols (three-plus years of experience).
- Strong coding background (Java preferred) with the ability to navigate object-oriented, functional, and script programming languages.
- Familiarity with streaming data applications using Kafka and Spark (one to three years of experience).
- Professional experience in the following: designing event-driven as well as batch process flows; implementing and developing across the full software development lifecycle; working directly with business stakeholders to gather requirements; working with object-oriented design patterns, agile project and development lifecycle methodologies, data migration considerations, design tradeoffs, and common ETL tools; and identifying and mitigating technical risks across the architecture.
Were a network of knowledge and experience leading to richer, fuller careers. Here, were always learning. Whether you want to hone your strengths or discover new ones, Forrester is the place to go for it. Its a place where everyone is given the tools, support, and runway they need to go far. Well be right there beside you, every step of the way.
Lets be bold, together.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.