We're looking for a Systems Engineer to join our IT team, supporting and maintaining a broad range of IT solutions. This position will require a flexible person who learns quickly, likes to use many different technologies, and has a solid foundation of IT knowledge.
The IT team collaborates with all of Snyks departments to support the evaluation, implementation and operation of technologies across the different departments.
You are experienced with existing technologies, and comfortable with new ones. You are a problem solver with excellent execution and communication skills. You will use this experience to define the systems and policies that will help Snyk in its rapid growth.
Youll spend your time:
- Managing all SaaS platforms in Snyk and implementing new services.
- Functionally decomposing complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Architecting, designing, implementing, supporting, and evaluating secure, infrastructure focused tools and services including project leadership roles.
- Supporting and expanding international systems and infrastructure.
- Helping to define and document Operations Methods & Procedures (M&Ps).
- Collaborating with the rest of the CIS team in defining policies and procedures, and making recommendations for operational best practices.
You should apply if you:
- 2+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Have great tech experience & skills in the areas of problem determination, and troubleshooting of end user problems.
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Okta, G Suite platforms.
- You have strong macOS and Linux skills.
- You have experience in process automation.
- You have experience in scripting in Python or Node.JS.
- Passionate about new technologies.
Wed especially like to hear from you if:
- Knowledge of and ability to work across all platforms of macOS and Linux Server, networking, database administration, virtualization, and storage.
- Familiarity with patch management software, understand core concepts of patch strategy and software.
- You have experience in scripting in Bash / Powershell.
- Ability to cover after-office hours and weekend support if there are any infrastructure issues.
- Good knowledge of networks, including VPN systems (IPSEC).
- Experience with GCP and AWS environments.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki systems.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
Were on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
Were living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyks product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and were not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure. Join us!