We're looking for a Systems Engineer to join our IT team, supporting and maintaining a broad range of IT solutions. This position will require a flexible person who learns quickly, likes to use many different technologies, and has a solid foundation of IT knowledge.
The IT team collaborates with all of Snyks departments to support the evaluation, implementation and operation of technologies across the different departments.
You are experienced with existing technologies, and comfortable with new ones. You are a problem solver with excellent execution and communication skills. You will use this experience to define the systems and policies that will help Snyk in its rapid growth.
Youll spend your time:
- managing all SaaS platforms used at Snyk
- supporting the day to day operation of Snyks Boston and Ottawa offices, including networking and conferencing
- functionally decomposing complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- architecting, designing, implementing, supporting, and evaluating secure, infrastructure focused tools and services including project leadership roles
- supporting and expanding international systems and infrastructure
- helping to define and document Operations Methods & Procedures (M&Ps).
- collaborating with the rest of the CIS team in defining policies and procedures, and making recommendations for operational best practices
You should apply if you:
- 2+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Have great tech experience & skills in the areas of problem determination, and troubleshooting of end user problems
- Good knowledge of networks, including TCP/IP, LAN, VLAN, WLAN. VPN systems (IPSEC)
- Public Cloud (GCP) certification or experience
- Experience with Cisco Meraki systems
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Okta, G Suite platformes.
- You have strong Linux skills
- You have a breadth of experience in automation
- Ability to script in shell, Python, Perl, or Powershell
Wed especially like to hear from you if:
- Knowledge of and ability to work across all platforms of macOS and Linux Server, networking, database administration, virtualization, and storage.
- Local Storage/SAN/NAS/NFS/ISCSI Mounted Storage
- Familiarity with patch management software, understand core concepts of patch strategy and software
- Ability to cover after-office hours and weekend support if there are any infrastructure issues.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
Were on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
Were living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyks product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and were not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure. Join us!