At SimpliSafe Technical Lead Engineers are key leaders on product development projects. They act as technical leads partnering with our manufacturing and product teams focusing on understanding customer needs; product functional and performance requirements; product architecture, constraints and trade-offs; design requirements; and the technical risks of a new product being developed or of a current product being changed.
We are currently seeking a Technical Lead Engineer to manage the design and delivery of our security camera products.
In this role you will:
- Work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Be responsible for the engineering design and delivery of one of our security camera products.
- Be responsible for gathering, interpreting and defining requirements from multiple individuals and translating them into a workable concept.
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction.
- Lead the engineering project team through the product development cycle, from design to testing and manufacturing/post launch support.
- Lead interdisciplinary efforts and teams to deliver on whole product development projects.
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Have a BS in EE, CE, ME or equivalent with 5+ years of experience. MS is a plus.
- Have credible depth in your technical area of expertise.
- Have experience in product development of a IoT type of product
- Have experience and understanding of the software interactions of IoT products.
- Be self-driven with strong leadership ability and a proven track record of excelling in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Possess deep technical expertise in an applicable area of engineering.
- Possess basic project management skills.
- Have a broad system-thinking mentality across manufacturing, supply chain, software, firmware, hardware and quality.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude, with a desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic setting.
- Broad systems-level thinking across manufacturing, supply chain, software, firmware, hardware and quality.
- Experience bringing hardware products to production in collaboration with overseas partners.
- Experience as technical lead or systems architect on a high volume project.
- Experience and willingness to travel and collaborate with Asia based partners (25% post COVID).