At Rightway we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire for the best talent and actively seek diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education. Rightway fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible.
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
Rightway Healthcare was founded in early 2017 by a team of dedicated healthcare, business and technology leaders. Rightway is a technology platform that provides employees and their families with the support, information and advocacy they need to be better healthcare consumers.
We combine a high-tech consumer portal with a high-touch dedicated concierge environment to provide consumers with the same level of support and guidance they would receive if they had a doctor in the family. We are focused on personalization, implementation, advocacy and results.
Rightway works with employers from 100 25,000 employees to provide an ecosystem of healthcare navigation for employees. We are committed to generating high member satisfaction scores, industry leading engagement and a quantifiable ROI for every employer. Our approach is rooted in analytics and guided by a bottom-up understanding of a population.
Rightway is privately financed, having raised over $130mm to date from investors such as Thrive Capital
The company is headquartered in New York City, with new offices in Hudson Yards. We also have remote offices in Miami, Denver and San Francisco.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Vice President, Health Plan Sales will be at the forefront of building and growing Rightways Health Plan and TPA relationships. This senior leadership role will have a direct impact on Rightways growth and expansion into Health Plan partnerships and overall business acceleration. It is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is positioned for dramatic scaling and impact over the next several years.
As the SVP, Health Plan Sales you will be accountable for the end-to-end strategic and functional leadership of our Health Plan and TPA channels. Initial primary focus will be on gaining access to new Health Plan relationships by winning new logos via market access contracts, but the focus will expand over time to include client expansion within contracted Health Plan and TPA partnerships. The role will begin as a player/coach role with direct accountability for signing health plan contracts and the SVP will have the opportunity to build a team over time as the Health Services segment expands. The Health Services segment includes responsibility for Commercial ASO/Fully Insured, TPA, Government, Medicaid, Medicare, and Exchange Markets.
The SVP, Health Services will be responsible for identifying effective sales channels, building go-to-market strategy, selling into new markets, negotiating complex deals, and driving structure and accountability across the sales organization. This role includes ownership of both the Navigation and PBM product offerings to health services organizations. Your KPIs will include strategy development, complex contract design, quota achievement, client growth, client satisfaction, and retention for all Health Services clients.
This role will report into the Chief Commercial Officer and be based in either Chicago or New York City with consideration given to an alternate/remote location for the right candidate.
- Architect the strategy for winning business and achieving Rightways sales goals
- Drive the development and execution of Health Plan sales strategies
- Collaborate with Health Plan clients cultivating executive relationships, building business solutions, and aligning on client expansion plans
- Ensure successful coordination of internal cross functional subject matter experts
- Work closely with executive leadership on strategic opportunities
- Grow a sales and account management team over time based on division expansion
- Build the account strategy including targeting, market assessment, proposal development, and pricing
- Exhibit thought leadership and deep understanding of the Medicare and Medicaid managed care landscape, including cost containment strategies, engagement, utilization, government and client requirements, market drivers, and buying cycles
- Represent the voice of the customer, market trends, use cases and innovation
- Identify growth opportunities across additional lines of business and product cross-sell
- Prepare forecasts and KPI reports for the CCO and executive management
- Design standard processes for client qualification, negotiation, and closure
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Engineering, Product and Marketing - to enhance product development and marketing strategy to achieve deeper Health Plan mindshare
- Ensure the proper utilization and upkeep of Salesforce
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers
- Formulate GTM strategies and pricing based on data from our book of business and insights gleaned from competitive intelligence
- A passion for making a positive impact on healthcare on a massive scale
- Deep Health Plan and TPA knowledge, including industry connections, how to navigate payers, and understanding of the reimbursement landscape
- Direct experience working inside of a PBM or selling to/managing PBMs as clients
- 10+ years of relevant sales experience including 3+ years in management of a remote sales team and a track record of exceeding multi-million dollar quotas
- Experience in the healthcare industry selling to and managing the relationships of Health Plans and third-party administrators (TPAs)
- High growth company and/or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to identify opportunities and their implications
- Exceptional written / verbal communication skills and detail orientation
- Dynamic, collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit with a get it done mentality
- Frequent travel to the Rightway corporate office(s) and client sites will be required once business travel resumes
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus