As the Senior Vice President of Global Sales Engineering you will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and provide a key role partnering with the Go To Market team in the sales of Mimecast products and services. As a member of the CRO’s leadership team, you will be responsible for coordinating a global organization of Sales Engineers on pre-sales strategy and methods to winning over prospects and customers on the technical sell.
The SVP of Global Sales Engineering will also be responsible for directing the regional SE leaders around the globe to ensure the corporate strategy is communicated with each of the operating regions. Additionally, you will share the needs of the team with the global Go To Market leadership group.
Additional responsibilities include continuous improvement of operational efficiency of the team. This includes talent identification and promotion, reporting and metrics, technical solution validation, mentoring and training of employees, managing the team budget and capacity planning.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and professional individual with commercial acumen and professional presentation skills. A natural curiosity for understanding technical environments and willingness to learn about evolving solutions is a must. Experience managing distributed team members is essential.
Sales Engineering Management
- Coordinate with global sales managers and define strategy and operational model for coverage. This involves regular meetings with sales and other global and regional management to ensure the team is providing proper support for the sales team. Assist regional directors with planning for the team to avoid gaps in coverage, tracking utilization for planning and resolving resourcing conflicts when necessary.
Team Mentoring and Leadership
- Expertise with sales engineering methodology will be instrumental in helping regional leaders grow the skills within their respective teams. Providing them with guidance through regular reviews will help to achieve this, in conjunction with your personal management style. The SVP of Global Sales Engineering synchronizes regularly with global and regional counterparts to align the strategy and approach for the Sales Engineering function.
Providing Executive Pre-Sales Support
- Providing executive sponsorship and support to major and strategic sales opportunities and engaging with senior management and technical contacts in customer and reseller partner organizations, to ensure the Mimecast service is positioned correctly, understood and any technical objections are overcome.
This position requires continuous improvement of the Sales Engineering function. The SVP of Global Sales Engineering will be responsible for:
- Budgeting and expense management
- Coordination and improvement of the sales process
- Technical evaluations such as Proof of Concepts and Product Trials
- Process for identifying talent, training and continuous evaluation of skills
- Defining the reporting and metrics for the global team
Voice of the Customer
- The SVP of Global Sales Engineering will be responsible for gathering feedback from customers and prospects about the product. This includes how the product compares to the competition, missing functionality, market shifts and other important insight. The role will gather this feedback from the global Sales Engineering team and provide insight and strategy to the product and executive teams.
Facilitating reseller and partner relationships
- This position will also involve ensuring that Mimecast reseller partners are capable of selling and supporting Mimecast services. This will include the program for training partners, tracking their success, and developing working relationships with senior staff in the reseller partner organization.
Within this corporate IT environment, you will be required to have:
- Prior experience working in Cyber Security industry
- Experience leading a team of pre-sales engineers
- Ability to manage team members in-person and remotely
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to be proactive and self sufficient
- Experience in dealing with customers of differing sizes in a pre-sales setting
- Familiarity with sales methodologies such as Force Management, Solution Selling, The Challenger Sale or similar
- Demonstrated ability to handle objections and think on your feet
- Ability to work with and gain input and resources from multiple teams and disciplines
- Capacity to explain technical solutions to a business focused customer
- Experience in consultative selling of complex services
- History of leading by example
- Up to 50% travel
- Experience of working in a high growth and dynamic company
- Track record of project leadership and successful completion
- Experience of operating in an indirect sales environment
- Expertise with running globally distributed team
- Deep understanding cyber-security and related topics
- Understanding of records management and data compliance such as GDPR, CPI and HIPAA
- Proficiency in the architecture of a typical business email systems
- Understanding of SaaS-based solutions
- Experience of presenting effectively to large audiences on a variety of topics
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed theirown pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants toindividuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conductedby the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.