Come and work with us! iRobot is at the forefront on the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the worlds preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation, and fun.
We are looking to hire an experienced Supply & Production Planner to help us keep growing. If you are hard-working and dedicated, iRobot is an ideal place for you to learn and grow. Your role is critical to our success.
Key Responsibilities for the Supply & Production Planner:
- Analyze Region Supply Requirements, determine additional quantities needed, and place Purchase Orders accordingly.
- Manage Open POs, which include but are not limited to pushing out, pulling in, canceling, and re-assigning to a new ship-to location.
- Monitor Factory adherence to planned Build Dates and Promised ex-factory dates with the objective to meet customer requirements.
- Drive Improvements to factory KPI Targets, including but not limited to Order Confirmation Speed, Order Confirmation Performance, Factory Schedule Adherence, Factory Completion Performance, and Factory Delivery Performance.
- Develop plans to mitigate any Global Supply risks
- Partner with Extended Manufacturing Planning team on scheduling issues, communicating production priority, securing short-term incremental capacity as needed.
- Work with NPI (New Product Introduction) planner to ensure a smooth handover from Ramp Plan to Mass Production Planning
Execution & Maintenance
- Prepare moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from various sources.
- Setup New SKUs in Oracle as required by Product Management.
- Leverage Planning Parameters in Oracle to drive planning across the Supply Chain, maintaining MOQs, Order Lead-Times, etc.
- Ensure that Regions release Sales Orders specific to their Make to Order (MTO) business according to defined lead-times and forecasted net requirements.
- Support/Lead on Global Supply system or process improvements as needed
Communication and Collaboration
- Work with Regional Product Supply on open supply issues, prioritization, and any other supply constraints as they arise.
- Communicate directly with
- Work with Product Configuration team and the Operations Program Managers (OPMs) on SKU readiness (BOM release).
- Drive Weekly Global Supply Review with Region Product Supply Teams.
- Support Monthly S&OP Global Supply Review
Required Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS in Supply Chain or Operations or equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- 3 years experience scheduling and planning production in a global manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Sharp Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment with an enterprise mindset
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel a must and PowerPoint skills desired)
- Demonstrated ability to accept new ideas, and to engage in creative, innovative, and systematic thinking
- Ability to work without direct supervision and set own work directly within the context of the position
- Working Knowledge of Oracle, or equivalent ERP systems
- Purchasing and Planning experience in Consumer Goods
- Experience in Operational Process Improvement activities
- Experience working with Global Manufacturing or Global Supply Chain
- Technical certifications such as an APICS certification preferred
- Travel up to 10%
- Ability to have conference calls off hours as required i.e. Asia, EMEA etc.