Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Specialist to join our Operations Team.
- Procure materials for R&D and production, including identifying and ordering the proper parts quantities, negotiating pricing and shipment terms and overseeing the timely delivery of materials needed to fulfill internal and external customer orders
- Identify, qualify and manage new vendors
- Identify and implement measures to continually reduce risk and remove cost from the Supply Chain
- Work collaboratively with Operations Program Managers to manage and develop sources to support revenue programs
- Work with science & engineering teams to build and manage supply chains for R&D programs
- Develop useful data reports and metrics to identify and drive strategy improvements to grow & manage the Desktop Metal supply base
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain experience in technology, including sourcing of electromechanical systems
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP order processing systems, Infor CSI/Syteline preferred
- Experience with PLM systems
- Fluency working with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree or higher in engineering, business, supply chain, logistics, or related field
- APICs, CPSM certifications (encouraged)
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.