Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
The Supplier Quality Engineer, reporting to the Quality Manager, works in collaboration with the quality, operations, supply chain, and engineering organizations to coordinate, organize and report on quality assurance, continuous improvement, and cost reduction processes for procured materials, parts, and sub-assemblies.
- Perform supplier quality audits for the Sourcing, Quality, and/or Engineering departments to validate existing or new suppliers.
- Lead supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing and technology capabilities, health & safety and /or any other potential risks
- Execute the First Article Approval process for new or modified incoming materials or part designs.
- Facilitate RCCA of any supplier quality issues to minimize/eliminate any production downtime.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities using appropriate lean manufacturing tools.
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved Supplier Quality Issues.
- Work with Quality Manager to define, monitor and report on quality assurance testing/inspection for incoming materials.
- Participation in the MRB Process - capable of validating rejections, reviewing dispositions, verifying compliance, reviewing rework instructions, electronic approvals and submittal process.
- Ability to initiate preventive actions, proactive approaches, process/system improvements.
- Report on KPI's to adhere to process parameters and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical, Process, Industrial or other similar Engineering disciplines, with 3+ years industry experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in various manufacturing processes such as sheet metal fabrication, welding, machining and molding
- Familiarity with ROHS, WEEE, and REACH Directives
- Travel, as required, to suppliers both domestic and international
- Experienced on supplier evaluation and qualification processes
- Ability to generate clear and concise written reports and summaries
- Strong attention to details and organization skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
- Comfortable with taking over a project/program and developing the appropriate quailty processes to support it
- Knowledge of Quality and Business Systems
- Experienced with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings familiarity with ASME Y14.5
- Familiar with metrology and inspection equipment Faro arm experience is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient, and welcomes change
- Quality certifications and lean manufacturing experience desired
- Knowledge of machining methods and metal fabrication preferred
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.