The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Supplier Life Cycle Management team is a part of the Bloomberg Procure to Pay department. Our team is based in New York with regional presence for Global support. We are responsible for the end to end process for all vendor setup, enablement of e-Invoicing solutions as well as providing governance to vendor onboarding requirements while maintaining risk and controls compliance. In addition we have data ownership responsibilities over SAP vendor management domain as well as providing expertise in compliance and policy enforcement. We are dedicated to supporting all business areas and key stakeholders across the company.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, self-starting, analytical, problem solver to join our fast paced environment.
You're one of those people who:
- Are very detailed oriented with analytical skillset
- Thrives on a challenge and solving complex problems
- Works well independently
- Enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people and able to seek out direction when required
- Works to provide the highest level of customer service
- Not afraid of challenging the status quo and wants to be part of the solution
We'll trust you to:
- Guide potential suppliers through cross-functional processes and on-boarding requirements
- Ensure all suppliers are properly vetted and understand how to transact using Bloomberg invoice submission channels.
- Assist with leading a Supplier Relationship Management program
- Ensure that supplier due diligence and focus continues throughout the suppliers engagement with Bloomberg
- Identify sourcing and consolidation opportunities
- Review certification documentation as well as tax related required documents
Process & Systems
- Effectively use SAP and/or Ariba
- Understand the importance of executing established operational control and do so effectively
- Manage all vendor related inquires effectively and adhere to departmental KPIs/SLAs.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Procure to Pay processes and technologies - to be able to explain/train end-users or vendors.
- Understand 1042/1099 tax withholding and income filing process
- Effectively use Excel and PowerPoint
- Serve as Subject Matter expert for Bloomberg's supplier on-boarding and management process
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/request as needed by team leader
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all our business stakeholders (i.e. vendors, end users)
- Become a key partner to Risk, Compliance, Legal and Finance
- Represent and speak on behalf of departmental visions
- Stay abreast of best practices and implement them at Bloomberg
- Identify opportunities for updating the order or payment methods to increase efficiency or reduce transaction costs
- Lead reporting for supplier performance against KPI's and SLA's.
- Assist with ad hoc spend reporting especially as it relates to supplier volumes and performance
- Advise business units of current/potential future vendor risks
You'll need to have:
- Experience with MS Excel
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in the Procure to Pay domain
- Ability to multi-task and deliver in accordance with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem solving, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to interface with corporate decision makers.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, hands-on, can-do attitude
- Experience managing large data sets
We'd love to see:
- Customer Service experience
- Operational experience
- Experience in handling multiple initiatives
- Vendor Risk Management experience a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From