About the Team
The Corporate Strategy & Research (CS&R) group is an award-winning ~40-person enterprise strategy and internal strategy consulting team within Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 company with 45,000 employees in 900 offices worldwide. The group serves as trusted strategic advisers to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team and drives transformational change by taking an enterprise-wide, customer-centric perspective.
Established in 1972, CS&R has an outstanding track record of developing future leaders and serving as a top talent feeder to the organization by creating an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, professional development, and personal fulfillment. Alumni of the group include our incoming CEO, President of Distribution, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Senior Vice President of Product.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic individual to join a vibrant, high performance and tight-knit team environment that will be front and center in driving change across the enterprise.
We're in search of intellectually curious, creative, driven individuals who have a strong desire to expand their management consulting toolkit as part of an energetic and high-impact team.
As a Summer Consultant, you'll be part of a tight-knit consulting team led by a Managing Director that will collectively advise Liberty Mutual's senior executives in making key strategic decisions. Projects are typically in the areas of strategy development, growth strategy, organizational design & operating model, innovation, or business transformation.
You'll develop key relationships with leaders and executives across the organization and communicate with senior leadership to influence and galvanize the organization into action.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deciphering strategic issues faced by the client and the role of your team in addressing those issues
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis to drive strategic insights
- Collecting and analyzing data from various internal and external sources (e.g., executive interviews and workshops, customer surveys)
- Crafting compelling storylines that clearly articulate findings, insights, and recommendations
- Directing team and client stakeholders towards consensus points and gaining buy-in
Candidates should, at a minimum, possess the following:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with 3+ years of work experience and a demonstrated record of success
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to elevate thinking and apply judgment to how components fit into the broader picture
- Ability to leverage experience and analysis to gain support and influence others
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Financial services or insurance industry experience a plus (not required)
- The role is located in Boston, MA only; working in a hybrid model (weekly blend of 3-4 days in-office and 1-2 days working from home).
Additional qualifications include:
- Top-tier strategy consulting experience
- Motivated by high impact, high visibility work
- Independently navigate and decipher an ambiguous environment
- Excited about contributing to a dynamic and high-performing team culture
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.