Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about Making Work Matter. With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist Content will lead the development of the global Content Production & Design category strategy and strategic sourcing process within the Strategic Procurement organization while collaborating with the Content Production & Design teams. This global role includes a significant focus on cross-company stakeholder and supplier collaboration, identification of strategic opportunities and organizational development through, spend analytics, supplier selection, contract negotiations, supplier management and process improvement.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to drive category strategy, sourcing and negotiation planning and organizational metrics and will draw upon his/her extensive sourcing and negotiation experience to lead a collaborative team responsible for sourcing, negotiating, implementing and managing enterprise-wide strategic agreements. Ability to effectively partner with global functional organizations across Skillsoft is necessary for success of the organization.
- Lead the global content category management to deliver key category performance indicators including savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, joint innovation, and supplier performance.
- Develops and drives 3-year global content sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with preferred suppliers that meet key business needs.
- Operate at the strategic level, identifies opportunities to demonstrate and deliver value to content senior leadership at the time of strategy setting.
- Coordinate ongoing global supplier management practices with internal customers to optimize financial and operational performance.
- Provide executive level reporting on strategy, savings and other KPIs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years related experience of global indirect procurement specifically with content in a software/technology company
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to act as a change agent.
- Ability to performs analysis of purchasing needs, including analysis of costs and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key global decision-makers and to negotiate with internal constituents across Skillsoft businesses, functions, and external supplier community.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; strong presentation and organization skills; keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at handling multiple competing priorities with the ability to prioritize.
- Prior experience in a global Indirect Procurement role to include first-hand experience negotiating price, scope, terms, and conditions.
- Well-versed in Commercial contracting practices.
- Experience driving savings in indirect categories.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learners Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Jobs From