Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
We are searching for an exceptional person to take a unique role at Brightcove. As we take our partnerships with the largest media customers to the next level, we want to bring insight, thought leadership and strategic thinking to the relationship. This will ensure the customers get the maximum value from our technology, from our partnership and understand our vision for the next generation of Media businesses. We also want to get our Media team access to an industry expert to ensure we are on top of all the latest trends and innovations in the space.
The candidate will have a deep understanding of video advertising, OTT and digital publishing. They will have a strong network in the media and ad-tech. They will also have deep knowledge of the technology and business environments in which our customers operate and have a good appreciation of the challenges they face. The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator and experienced at speaking in public.
- Work with our Customer Success and Sales Teams to build relationships at senior level within our Tier 1 media customers
- Bring industry knowledge and domain expertise into customer engagements and work with customers to help define their strategy and align with the Brightcove Roadmap
- Speak at Media industry events as a thought leader to further progress awareness and perception of Brightcove to customers and the wider industry
- Work with the product leadership team to inform our product roadmap direction and ensure Brightcove is innovating in a direction that will drive revenue
- Be instrumental in driving Sales opportunities and retention performance with our tier 1 media customers
- Build materials that present our vision and strategic thought leadership in the Media Industry
- Work with Marketing and Product Marketing to ensure alignment on communications
- Mentor Customer Success and Account Execs on key customer interactions
- 10 years+ in digital media (ideally video)
- Deep understanding of Digital advertising, Ad-tech and video technology
- Deep knowledge of OTT
- Fundamental knowledge of advertising and monetization strategies (AVOD, SVOD, TVOD)
- Experience in engaging with senior executives at media companies and an existing set of relationships and contacts
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Detailed understanding of Media business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into Brightcove selling opportunities.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must.
- Demonstrate excellent networking skills to identify the right customer stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus in complex interactions; drive communications with internal cross functional teams
- Degree in Business, Media, Marketing or a related field.
- This role does involve travel, up to 30%
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston with offices in New York, London, Guadalajara, Funchal, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Mumbai and Chennai. This position is being offered as a fully remote role and, while you wont get to experience the in-office culture, you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**