Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Were seeking a Strategic Finance Associate who will support broad initiatives including business forecasting, investor and board reporting, and strategic initiatives. The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. Associates on the Strategic Finance team rotate business partnership coverage once a year, allowing them to develop deep domain expertise, a broad cross-functional understanding of the business and diversified skill set. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to impact strategic decision making in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support strategic decision-making through analysis, with a focus on financial planning, business partnering to distill key financial insights into usable data for cross-functional teams, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders on strategic project execution
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Develop sustainable and rigorous processes for ongoing financial reporting and review
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of Toasts business model, including economics, product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a combination of financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, investment banking or private equity
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Effective project and process management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is helpful
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.