The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for driving revenue growth by building and managing Strategic accounts, long-term client relationships, and developing key business relationships. The role requires a strong focus on new business development, in addition to, up-selling and cross-selling to existing clients and securing contract renewals with a focus on the Financial Services industry . This will be achieved through solution selling, account planning, prospecting to identify high-quality clients, qualifying and developing assigned accounts while understanding the client business environment, educating clients on Applause's product offerings.
- Develops and executes sales plans and coordinates sales efforts to achieve new customer revenue and existing customer up-sell revenue targets.
- Meets or exceeds defined sales quota through strategic account planning, networking and use of company resources.
- Strong preference for experience selling into Financial Services and/or Banking vertical
- Actively participates in regional marketing events for lead generation (industry trade shows, professional associations, etc…)
- Focus on Account Management and Business Development to maximizes Applause’s revenue and profitability potential by up-selling to existing clients, driving renewal revenue and ensuring client satisfaction;
- Involvement in kickoff meetings, major milestone meetings, and opportunistic participation where senior client decision makers are present.
- Sales Leadership – Strategic sales approach, creates value for clients and adds to the company’s capabilities and reputation;
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Applause’s product offerings and tailoring its presentation to meet the needs of different types of organizations.
- Assists clients in developing the business case and value proposition for proposed solutions when necessary
- Collaborates with Client Services Team and Executive Leadership Team in executing the company’s sales process including proposal development.
- Tracks and maintains all prospect and client activity in Salesforce.com.
- People Development – Contributes to the growth, development and positive experience of the sales team.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent business experience.
- 8+years of enterprise software and/or solution sales experience.
- Proven track record of successful customer engagements across a spectrum of enterprise-class verticals.
- Demonstrated success selling to Fortune 100
- A strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling of a solution sale.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Motivated to advance growth in an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company environment.
Applause empowers leading brands to deliver flawless digital experiences for their customers on any device, in every location. The company’s testing, feedback, and research solutions enable businesses to delight customers, drive topline revenue and innovate faster.
Applause ensures digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can – via its technology platform and managed global community of over 600,000 on-demand digital experience experts. Only real people on real devices in real locations can provide the real issues and feedback that brands need to deliver great digital customer experiences. Thousands of companies of every size – including Google, FOX, Nike, BMW, PayPal, and Slack – rely on Applause to dramatically decrease the time and cost of delivering great digital experiences for their customers. Learn more at www.applause.com.
Applause is a place where everyone belongs and where we believe everyone deserves the exceptional. Since our founding, we have continued to celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We have a global workforce that, like our crowd, embraces diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. Our employees bring their true self to Applause. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you are qualified to perform the essential functions of this role, but believe you require a reasonable accommodation to do so, please email [email protected]. Please be sure to include the role you are applying for and the nature of the reasonable accommodation you are seeking in your email.