Office Tour Photos
Who We Are
Lead cross-functional delivery of strategic technical initiatives across the company, serving Twitter’s platform. The Technical Program Management Platform team leads operations and delivery of Twitter’s highest priority cross-functional initiatives, enabling Twitter’s Engineering teams to thrive and scale. TPM at Twitter is a centralized team staffing a diverse bench of industry leaders working across all orgs in the company. As a Platform TPM, you will be responsible for driving the future of Twitter’s platform, from cloud migrations and datacenter expansions, to improving privacy and data protection tooling, to engineering effectiveness tools and platforms.
Who You Are
- Experienced cross-functional lead with a solid track record partnering with product teams to define strategy and requirements
- Proficient collaborating with engineering teams to design, scope, and deliver high scale services within distributed systems
- Consistently trusted leader, able to drive large teams and executives through complex, multi-faceted data-driven decisions
- As a generalist and outcomes owner, you have the ability to fill any gap needed to deliver, including writing functional specs, project / release plans, roadmaps, and technical proposals
- Thrive amid ambiguity, able to influence peers / managers toward shared vision and forward progress
- Tireless multitasker, with capacity to own and execute multiple large programs simultaneously
- A role model, coach and mentor to others, with an eye on team productivity and helping others succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategic alignment and technical delivery of company-wide initiatives in support of Twitter’s Platform
- Partner with all program stakeholders and lead execution from strategic objective to delivery
- Increase overall effectiveness of our platform organization by systematically identifying and solving root cause organizational and technological challenges discovered through the course of program delivery
- Partner with Engineering Managers and Strategy & Operations to ensure teams meet their schedule targets by implementing industry best practices in program and project management and roadmap delivery, creating novel solutions where appropriate.
- Partner with leadership and technical leads to deliver solutions that meet engineering and business requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science / engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or related discipline
- Experience working with several different development methodologies and productivity tools
- Consistent track record of shipping products at scale, with broad customer impact
- Experience building or managing work on highly-available, scalable software products and services
- Proven ability to identify and resolve systemic issues in both software and people systems
- Interest and capacity to mentor TPMs and champion growth
- Passionate interest in Twitter’s products and mission
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
More Jobs From