Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Staff Systems Engineer to join our team in Waltham, MA. The Systems Engineering group includes cross-functional team members spanning a number of design and engineering disciplines. As a Staff System Engineer you will contribute to all aspects of system-level design, integration, testing, and medical device design controls.
Vicarious Surgical is a next generation robotics company developing a disruptive technology with the goal of increasing the efficiency of surgical procedure, improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
Systems Engineering at Vicarious Surgical stands at the forefront of system definition and design, making this a terrific opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our company at a very exciting time, As a key member of our team of mission-driven and kind individuals with diverse experiences, youll help lead Vicarious into its next phase of hyper-growth and market disruption. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Interface with key stakeholders, including marketing and surgeons, to translate user needs to system requirements
- Perform functional analysis and decomposition, develop and manage product requirements, document system and subsystem architecture
- Engage with design quality assurance in risk management activities including risk assessment and risk mitigation strategies
- Assist in driving compliance with standards including IEC 60601-1, ISO 14971, ISO 13485 and IEC 62366-1
- Employ Model Based Systems Engineering best practices to document and communicate system design
- Oversee, and be deeply acquainted with, regulated development processes and standards for risk management, usability, and safety, to ensure systems design and documentation meet relevant safety and regulatory standards
- Collaborate with Core Teams and Project Management to meet strategic goals and deliverables
- Minimum of a BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 8 or more years of experience in medical device industry working on complex systems
- Solid understanding of structured product development (requirements-driven engineering, documentation, rigorous verification)
- Sound understanding of 1st principles across multiple functional domains (Elec., Mech., Software)
- Demonstrated skills in self managing priorities to meet timelines
- Demonstrated track record of successfully driving complex projects to completion
- Personable team player - able to work directly with individuals with varying skills and experiences
- Strong written communication skills - able to precisely articulate complex technical concepts and generate persuasive presentations
Nice to Have
- Experience working on robotic surgical systems
- Experience transitioning from prototypes to commercial product
- Experience with Jama Connect
Together, we share a love for learning and we are passionate teachers. As a company, we set ambitious goals and individually, we share in that ambition. At the office, we enjoy each others company during happy hours, catered lunches and company celebrations.