Wayfair is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. We live and breathe modern technologies. Were looking for smart, logical thinkers who can advocate for systems and designs that work at scale, but still retain the startup feel. We pride ourselves on scrappy innovation - getting real, working solutions deployed quickly and iterating based on data.
Our Sustaining Engineering & Enablement team is looking for experienced engineers who have a mind for stability and an understanding of SRE best practices - and some ideas about what could be better! We work across engineering to ensure our platforms and services are ready for prime time, and provide feedback loops to both developers and fellow SREs.
What Youll Do:
- As a Staff Software Engineer, you will join our team to help grow our systems into best-in-class for stability, observability, and enterprise scale in the e-commerce space
- Work with both software engineers and fellow SREs to optimize and develop repeatable systems for the two sides to leverage each other. Theres a wide range of opportunities to both guide the broad conversation and dive into the nuance of our code & architecture
- Help service owners build realistic SLOs, set SLAs and error budgets, and ensure production services have reliability built into their design
- Mentor new hires and other engineers by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization
What Youll Need:
- 4+ years experience working as a Senior or Staff Engineer in a SRE role
- Strong understanding of monitoring and alerting, with a focus on performance monitoring and tracing instrumentation & SLx implementation
- Experience working with decoupled services, and cloud based infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills across engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
Nice To Have:
- Proficient in designing and iterating on systems at scale
- Passion for leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery, cross-functional consensus building and influencing design decisions
- Ample experience gathering and balancing requirements from technical and business stakeholders, and reaching consensus on prioritization
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.