Service Engineering owns all the tools and platforms that allow Wayfair to deliver a best in class customer and agent experience. Everything our customers and agents do on site (or in app) after placing an order is managed by our team. This includes issue resolution, order changes and self help customer service. We also own all the tooling used by our agents to assist our customers - whether they call us, email, chat or engage with our best-in-class chatbot AI.
We sit at the intersection of nearly all teams at Wayfair and own the responsibility for delighting our customers - even when things don't go perfectly. This requires that we move quickly and remain on the cutting edge of tech innovation and new product (platform) development.
Were looking for entrepreneurial individuals who want to drive against our ambitious agenda, be an architect for evolution and champion our use/adoption of cutting edge front end frameworks and GraphQL by collaborating well with teams.
What You'll Do:
- Lead technical roadmaps, design, and implementation across multiple teams of high performing engineers that will shape the future of Wayfairs post order customer experience.
- Contribute to the development, deployment and maintenance of the journey codebase and components using both internal and external solutions
- Drive implementation and provide visibility to progress through short feedback loops and data-driven action
- Drive high impact architectural decisions including inception, design, and delivery
- Obsessively focus on production readiness for the team including testing, monitoring, deployment, and proactive troubleshooting
- Actively encourage and participate in debate to form strong opinions weakly held
- Motivate and influence teams to buy into vision and roadmap, pushing individuals outside of their comfort zones where necessary
- Identify risks and gaps in product offerings that drive revenue or cost out and lead initiatives to address those needs
What You Will Need:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Mastery in designing production systems at scale including fault tolerance, reliability, performance, and security
- Expertise in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Proficient with full stack and multiple programming languages including mastery on React, Typescript and/or PHP/Java
- Experience building or using distributed systems (i.e. Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow etc.) and cloud systems (GCP and related offerings)
- Hands-on coding ability, and willingness! Capable of directly building key product features, functional prototypes, architectural elements, or anything else needed
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.