Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
- The Sales, Service and Enterprise platforms are focused on building and improving software that directly impacts customers, customer service agents, sales associates, Finance, Talent Management and external vendors. Our engineers are responsible for all the tools and processes to support these business-critical operations of Wayfair, along with supporting the continued enhancement and scaling capabilities of these systems. Engineers use data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership to teams of engineers
- Work with a broader highly collaborative cross-functional team that includes product managers, data scientists, and analysts.
- Own the technical vision for your workstream.
- Work with a variety of technologies, including Python, PHP, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Aerospike, Airflow, RESTful web services, gRPC, Kubernetes, and GCP.
- Build platforms and services that allow us to make run analytics, and realtime ML powered decisions.
- Deliver direct measurable results for our business and customers through improved product recommendations and search results.
- Contribute to design and implementation of domain wide infrastructure.
- Work closely with Kubernetes, Cloud and Security groups to ensure service mesh works seamlessly and meets highest performance/security standards.
- Work closely with Developer platform groups to ensure all major language platforms can easily take advantage of service mesh.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
What You'll Need
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related engineering discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience as lead software or infrastructure engineer operating scalable and reliable cloud platforms.
- Prior experience as a technical leader for software engineering teams of 25+
- Experience developing and designing scalable distributed systems with deep understanding of architectural and design patterns, object oriented design, modern program languages.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, data scientists, analysts and business stakeholders.
- Passion for mentoring and leading peer engineers.
- Solid understanding of public cloud providers, GCP preferred.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures, and network architecture on how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet.
- Experience using advanced knowledge of Linux OS either on bare metal hardware or VMWare.
- Demonstrated ability to make and execute platform level technical decisions
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.