Staff Software Engineer II Datto Windows Agents (DWA)
Datto is looking for a Staff Software Engineer II C / C++ developer who will be responsible for designing and developing applications that may range from desktop applications to kernel, for both Windows and Linux modules, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. The Software Developer will be primarily focused on applications development but may perform kernel development as needed.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Debug existing applications and kernel modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and design solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Document at both the code and conceptual level how applications work
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer in C / C++
- Experience performing low-level programming in Windows or Linux, including coding and debugging kernel, VSS and developing low-level threading primitives and system calls.
- Experience developing file systems drivers for NTFS, ReFS, EXT, XFS.
- Must have performed code reviews, crash dump and problem analysis (for in-house and client problems) and other technical troubleshooting.
- Experience designing and developing software applications using Clang, Visual Studio, and Git.
- Experience designing and developing applications and systems programs using C/C++ programming language using ISO/IEC 9899:2011 language specification standards, and employing memory management in non-garbage collected environments, polymorphism, and C++ specific notions such as friend classes and templating.