Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Platform pillar is tasked with building, delivering, and maintaining the technology platforms that Cedar builds its business on. Our DevOps squad is a team of seasoned professionals responsible for the care and feeding of our infrastructure; using infrastructure as code, imaginative automation, and industry-standard best practices to orchestrate our complex product suite.
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced DevOps Staff Engineer to help us build and improve the Cedar application infrastructure, internal tools, and development environments. The DevOps squad works closely with other engineering teams to improve the speed and reliability of Cedar components, consistently seeking out new opportunities for efficiency. This role is perfect for someone passionate about finding innovative solutions to difficult engineering problems, and who enjoys designing, building, and perfecting integrations and tools for complex systems.
- Architect, build, and maintain tools for a self-service infrastructure that improves developer efficiency and code reliability
- Help scale and solidify Cedars production application infrastructure
- Build out solutions for monitoring and application performance management
- Own the Cedar cloud platform, seeking out and actualizing opportunities to reduce cost and improve stability
- Facilitate and mediate design discussions involving multiple teams
- Take a leadership role in multiple simultaneous high-impact projects
- Communicate clearly in verbal and written forms, from peer training to design documents
- Help us grow the company, culture, and our products
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of DevOps, infrastructure, or site reliability experience
- Expertise with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, and S3
- Managed Linux systems and containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Significant experience deploying applications/tools into production cloud environments with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet
- Excellent scripting skills (Bash, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.)
- Proficiency with modern networking for private cloud and public Internet services
- Solid understanding of infrastructure security (https, SSH, 2FA, etc.)
- Familiarity with database performance management
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to tackle a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
If creating a better healthcare financial experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Product Designer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.