Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
As Toast continues to scale, we are looking for a passionate engineer to help take the marketing engineering team to the next level. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt in a fast paced environment while contributing to the development of processes to scale and establishing the guardrails needed to sustain high quality output.
The ideal candidate should have a high degree of technical knowledge, strong communication skills, be detail oriented and a successful track record of success throughout the tech stack. This person is expected to understand full stack development, infrastructure architecture, and have an opinion on things like branching strategies.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop, test, and deliver clean, production-ready code
- Help drive the engineering team towards increased efficiency and accuracy
- Ensure technical feasibility of UX/UI designs
- Build abstract modules/widgets for cross site implementation
- Build and maintain a clean and lightweight code repository for all production code
- Influence architecture decisions in your team and more broadly across Toast to optimize developer efficiency
- Mentor and coach both new and experienced engineering team members
- Collaborate with project managers, web team members, and other Toast stakeholders as required
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree
- HTML5 & CSS3 Some experience coding designs and layouts to a high standard, using media queries, and building robust layouts that work across devices and all major browsers
- PHP the ability to write custom functions, include files, grab get/post variables and manipulate form data.
- Knowledge and experience using AB Testing and personalization tools (i.e. Google Optimize, Evergage, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web application security principles and best practices
- Strong knowledge of git, and an understanding of code repository best practices
- Ability to accurately estimate the time required for a project and keep to timelines
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.