Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
For many restaurant workers, tips are a major source of income. Restaurants have invented various ways of equitably distributing collected tips - also known as tip pooling - but these methods come with their own operational challenges. Join us to help restaurants save time out of their busy schedules by making it simple to configure tip pooling rules and pay their employees.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to play a meaningful role on a new and growing team responsible for transforming the way restaurants manage and connect with their employees. The team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Crafting, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participating in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations
- Building new features and products
- Surveying and evaluating available technology options
- Actively contributing to product design and roadmap discussions
- Participating in code reviews
- Mentoring other team members
- Proficient in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Passionate about building great software
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning