As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Do This Sound Like You:
The Datto Networking group is seeking a seasoned and accomplished Software Engineer who will work alongside a talented Engineering team gearing towards delivering ground-breaking technologies in the software defined networking (SDN), network virtualization and network automation. We want a passionate individual who loves to code, solve innovative problems and can take ownership in their area of focus to build great products. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who will bolster this foundation.
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of architecture and software development experience
- Experience with Golang and PHP strongly preferred. Or Java, Python, C++, or C#
- AWS or Azure certifications preferred
- Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC
- Experience navigating relational and non-relational databases and messaging infra like MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, AWS SQS, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing tools, workflows and source code management tools (git).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development processes and methodologies.
- Limited on-call support is required
- Experience with Microservices or container-based development (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTPS, IPSEC, 802.11ac/ax, QoS, etc.)
- Understanding of the OSI model, TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP, DNS, and other related protocols
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.