We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
Within engineering, we are looking for an SDET who is excited to get into the guts of our products and services. It is hard to put a box around what this role entails. Imagine an environment that has multiple hardware devices talking over RF back to a base station and/or camera, that then talks over a wifi/cell connection back up to our AWS servers, the message then gets translated through a series of microservices (informed by multiple data stores, message buses, and cache instances) up to your phone (with its own connection complexity), then back down again, and in the case of alarms, data is forwarded to our monitoring centers to alert authorities.
If you enjoy challenges, this literal full stack is an enormous opportunity for you to grow and make a huge impact.
In this role, you will:
- Be excited to roll up your sleeves and dive into our stack to help us improve quality
- Collaborate heavily with cross-functional teams while owning a critical component of our security solution
- Pragmatically work alongside each dev team carefully balancing risk and delivery
- Inform our end-to-end automation framework and remain flexible by performing manual testing where necessary
- Track down answers by delving into different parts of the tech stack- dig down deep into logs, packet capture, and then back up again to find root cause
- Help evaluate, implement, and build on top of the many quality tool sets available
- Team with fellow QA members in the quest for continuous growth and improvement
- Live and breath our DevOps mission: empowering each team to fully own their product and/or service end-to-end
- 7+ years of experience in writing automated end-to-end tests in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience creating a comprehensive test strategy encompassing varying technical stacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Whatever it takes attitude to creatively help the team
- Understands that QA is an engineering responsibility not an individual team's responsibility
- Agile mindset
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and open, collaborative environment
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge in Node.js or Typescript
- IoT / Home automation experience
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Come work with the fast growing, passionate team at SimpliSafe. We have a fun work environment, competitive compensation, 401k matching, and unlimited vacation. Learn and play with all of our existing and upcoming IoT devices such as cameras, doorbells, locks, integrations and more. Our offices are located downtown, right next to State Street stop on the Orange and Blue lines, within walking distance from North and South stations.