Who we are
The Machine Learning Platform group sits within Cortex, Twitter’s centralized Machine Learning organization. They provide the libraries that product teams use to build high performance, high impact, unbiased Machine Learning services at scale, as well as tools that help make Machine Learning practitioners within those teams more effective.
What you’ll do
This Product Manager will collaborate with Machine Learning product teams across the company to gather insights and find opportunities for us to improve the ML Platform tools and libraries that we provide. They will help us craft a long-term vision for what the ideal ML Platform for Twitter looks like as well as a roadmap to get us there. Collaborating closely with engineering and product teams, they'll work to make sure that we are solving for the needs of the organization in the future, not just those of today, and take responsibility for making that vision a reality.
Who you are
We’re looking for an experienced technical product manager with domain expertise in Deep Learning and building production infrastructure at scale who will develop and execute on a long-term strategy for accelerating development of reliable, performant and fair Machine Learning services at Twitter. They should have both a deep technical background and a strong, customer-centric approach to product management, which they will have repeatedly demonstrated through past projects. As the Machine Learning Platform group is a part of our centralized Machine Learning organization, you should also be experienced with crafting roadmaps that serve internal customers and be able to use a strong toolbox of tried and tested processes for ensuring effective communication and teamwork across organizations.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Technical expertise in Deep Learning, with experience in building libraries and tooling for both production and experimentation infrastructure at scale.
- A validated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with distributed teams.
- Significant experience with both establishing and delivering on product strategies for platform capabilities within a larger organization, to the clear and measured benefit of internal customer teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which allow you to excel at being an advocate for your teams and charter across Twitter.
- Experience getting things done through influence rather than authority.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical partners to explain impact and drive support.
- A strong growth mentality.
- 5+ years of prior product management experience within an infrastructure or platform team.
- 8-10 years of overall product management or other related experience.
- MEng or MSci in either Machine Learning or a related technical field, ideally with a strong background knowledge in Deep Learning.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Equal opportunity employment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.