Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Product Design and Research team embraces this vision, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) with unprecedented ease and convenience, empowering them to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of designers, researchers, and builders, on the lookout for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer in Boston, MA to serve as a senior level practitioner. The ideal candidate will be a systems-level design thinker and visionary, with strong customer instincts and outstanding design intuition. You ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enable pet parents, businesses, and veterinarians to accomplish their goals in the most elegant and enjoyable way possible.
The Chewy product design team works on innovating our flagship Chewy platforms and developing new products and services across the entire Chewy ecosystem. You might be helping pet parents find just the right toys, food, and medicine to keep them happy and healthy. Supporting pet parents in finding their next pet and being there to answer urgent questions using veterinarian telemedicine. Ensuring that our customer care and fulfillment teams have just the right tools to wow our customers with seven-star service.
Deliver products and results
You use your expertise in user experience design methods to turn your deep knowledge of the customer into products that deliver compelling value for the customer and the business. You can focus on the details while always communicating a broad vision to inspire your team. You carefully plan and drive the creative process for large complex products ensuring successful completion of design to continuously raise the bar. You hold yourself accountable using customer outcomes and business metrics at every step of the process.
You build trust across the organization by helping others achieve their goals so that you can push the boundaries of design and product innovation to benefit the customer. Your proactive communication style and openness to collaboration across the organization influences people inside and outside the design organization. The knowledge you build enables you to make effective high quality, high judgment decisions.
Think critically to solve problems
You recognize opportunities to drive revolutionary change and the judgment to choose between an evolutionary and revolutionary approach. You build compelling cases that allow you to stand your ground when advocating for the customer. Your judgment allows you to make smart trade-offs between time and effort to ensure the best outcome for the customer. When you see an issue, you act quickly to hold the bar and take ownership to resolve it.
Craft high performing teams
You are a partner with leadership in developing high performing teams through modelling and mentorship. You help coach peers in the design skills you have mastered inside and outside the organization. Your work and style encourage innovation and risk taking in a safe environment to enable rapid learning. You can identify performance issues and help leadership address them quickly. You pioneer new design methods to continuously improve design quality and impact.
What Youll Do
- Transform customer and business objectives into compelling products that have purpose, simplicity, and are feasible to build.
- Lead innovative and systems thinking across a range of products, platforms, and devices with a bias for action and crisp management of multiple priorities.
- Manage the design process from discover and concept ideation; through flows and wireframes; to full-fidelity prototype designs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers.
- Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products while building a culture of invention and innovation.
- Clearly present your design process, inspiration, and decisions to stakeholders including C-suite executives.
- Nurture Chewys culture and principles within the group while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- 4+ years leading large-scale initiatives and mentoring designers in your area of expertise.
- A track record of delivering high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Achieved mastery of a core set of design skills in Interaction Design, Information Architecture, and User Interface Design.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions inside and outside of your own product area.
- Bachelors, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- Position may require travel and will require time in the local office.
- Track record of delivering designs that adapt to multiple platforms from desktop web to mobile
- Experience handling complex services and transactions
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com