Teikametrics is looking for a Staff Machine Learning Engineer to lead the development of the prediction and control services that comprise our E-commerce AI. Candidates should have strong software engineering fundamentals and solution architecture skills for providing technical leadership to a development team. Candidates should also have good mathematical fundamentals and experience authoring machine learning models for operation in a scalable, no-touch environment.
The AI team's predictive services are developed in Python on top of AWS Sagemaker, orchestrated by Airflow and backed by a data warehouse in Snowflake. The team's mandate is to provide hardened prediction and control services to our sellers that solve the multi-agent, game-theoretic problems at the heart of decision-making in E-commerce. Additionally, this team will produce scientific materials geared toward helping sellers understand the utility and power of Teikametrics' data assets in the context of running their businesses.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Solution architecture and design for services that use machine learning and AI algorithms to predict and optimize e-commerce outcomes
- Technical leadership for developers and machine learning engineers in the context of development projects.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Reporting to and advising the Director of AI
- Advising and influencing decisions made by engineering managers and product managers
- Development of tools to facilitate data science and AI model research and testing
- Staying abreast of all relevant technology advancements and seeking to innovate Teikametrics software to push the cutting edge
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of experience working as a professional software developer, at least 2 years of which includes experience in data science or AI solution development
- Experience with system design
- Strong Python with experience using some subset of the Python ML ecosystem (numpy/scipy/pandas, Tensorflow/PyTorch, etc.)
- Strong SQL
- Experience choosing and writing machine-learning models for deployment at scale.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Desire to lead a team and mentor its members
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment focusing on continuous learning; participating in tech talks, code review, and pair programming
WHAT CAN HELP YOU STAND OUT
- Experience having primary solution design/architecture responsibility for a major software components involving machine learning, prediction, control, or mathematical optimization.
- Experience training reinforcement learning agents using modern tools.
- Experience operating a system that takes automated actions entailing monetary risk.
- Experience with any of: AWS, Sagemaker, Kubeflow, Snowflake, Docker.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Teikametrics, the leading Retail Optimization Platform (ROP). Were building an operating system to optimize every aspect of a retailer's business -- from advertising to inventory to pricing. We optimize billions of transactions for thousands of entrepreneurs and brands around the world selling on Amazon and other marketplaces. The Teikametrics ROP uses proprietary econometrics and machine-learning data models packaged in a simple SaaS interface. We combine our best in class technology with coaching and support from our world-class teams based remotely in Boston, MA, Seattle, WA, Bengaluru, India, and Tel Aviv, Israel. We are looking for team members who are values aligned, make impact to our mission, and thrive in our fast-growing organization.