Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts category-defining security products.
In order to tackle these problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, End Point Platforms (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems, cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
- Development and enhancement of Lookouts category defining CASB and SASE products
- Responsible for developing and enhancing a few of the platform capabilities like Policy Engine, Data Leak Prevention (DLP) System, SaaS/IaaS cloud connector and many more.
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput and easy to maintain systems.
- Work with QA, Performance and automation team in delivering high quality products.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developer
- 8+ years of experience with an engineering degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong Java Programming skills (Java Collections Framework, Multithreading, Concurrency, Performance)
- You have previously designed, architected and implemented, or played a part in implementing large scale microservice architectures, messaging patterns and authentication protocols.
- Hands on experience with commonly used Design Patterns in Java
- Experience with Spring Framework and RESTFul Services
- Experience developing high performance, high throughput (enterprise grade) web services and applications
- Experience in addressing Non Functional Requirements: Performance, Security, Scalability. Maintainability etc.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of network security (TLS, SAML, PKI)
- Systems Integration Experience: MQ, Kafka, Hibernate, Redis
- Experience with Regular Expressions (Regex) based data processing
- Experience with processing data in XML, JSON and YAML formats
- Experience with parsing code, structured data, and document formats
- Experience with microservices and cloud platforms (Docker, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Git, Jira, Jenkins