Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more.
The Physical Retail Engineering Team is looking for skilled engineers to bring our world class e-commerce experience to our customers who still prefer sitting on their couches first. This team is responsible for a wide gamut of data services, physical devices and omni-channel experiences.
What Youll Do:
- As a Senior Engineer, youll be responsible for leading technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within highly ambiguous problem spaces.
- Propose and own initiatives from start to finish while balancing various technical trade offs including speed to delivery, maintainability, system performance and others.
- Become a staple member of engineering by contributing to code reviews, the RFC process and architecture reviews.
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization.
What Youll Need:
- Passion for leading large cross-cutting technical initiatives while becoming a trusted expert in your space.
- Deep expertise in gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements in high ambiguity situations.
- An eagerness to collaborate and work with other teams to achieve the best outcome for the customer.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike.
- Proficient in designing systems at scale, managing relational databases and developing integrations for both internal and external partners. Skilled in the way of effective troubleshooting, debugging and issue resolution techniques.
- 5+ Years of experience as a team/technical lead with 8+ years in web and distributed system development.
- 2+ Years of experience working in decoupled systems using Docker and Kubernetes.
- 2+ Years working with physical retail related software, hardware and on-prem deployments.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.