We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
Team & Role
The Core Alarm Platform team owns the architecture, design and implementation of all the firmware for the central hub of Simplisafe home security systems. While this currently covers the older and existing Base Stations & Keypads, this role will be focused on the next generation of products.
We are looking for Senior Firmware Engineers to design and develop the firmware that drives our existing and future products.
In this role, you will:
- Design, code and integrate C/C++ firmware for our Base Stations and Keypads.
- Document the design and testing methodologies
- Develop unit test for the verification of code and hardware
Ideally you are someone who has
- Strong C and C++ language skills
- Experience in embedded systems running RTOS and/or embedded Linux.
- Experience designing context relevant (reliability, power consumption, system latency) communication protocols
- A functional understanding of the popular wireless technologies (Wifi, BLE, Cellular, Sub-Ghz radio, Z-wave)
- A good understanding of the concepts and best practices of device and information security: encryption, authentication, integrity, and implementation challenges
- Experience collaborating with product owners and product managers to determine technical feasibility and delivery schedule
- Experience working with third-party vendors and contract manufacturers
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and related test/measurement equipment.
- Well versed at reading and interpreting schematics and other hardware documentation
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in EE/CS or equivalent