Datto, the worlds leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer to join a rapidly growing team. Datto is an innovative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We are 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that enable and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We are headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
More than someone who checks every box, were looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If thats you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
Youre customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What Youll Do
The Staff DevOps Engineer will work to develop, deploy, and maintain platform offerings within the Datto Cloud Infrastructure. Youll work closely with various stakeholders from engineering, and product to understand the architecture, design, and needs in order to develop and enhance the offering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain the appropriate systems, services, and tooling in Dattos production environment that provides constant feedback to stakeholders
- Collaboration with Product teams to assist in their transition into the kubernetes environments being deployed.
- Collaboration with peer platform teams to ensure alignment of core functionality of platform product lines.
- Add the appropriate monitoring to the Datto Cloud infrastructure platform which detects and alerts along with potential remediation recommendations and/or taking corrective action
- Scale the Datto Cloud infrastructure platform and reduce human intervention as needed by automating any repetitive operational activities and measuring normal operation of the platform
- Collect SLI metrics and establish monitoring based on SLO thresholds and other product requirements
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively; continually improve processes and reliability based on post-mortem analysis
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service impacting issues
- Communicate with Users, Support, and Development teams in the event of an incident
- Diagnose and develop root cause solutions for failures and performance issues in our production environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with containers
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration (full stack or devops experience counts)
- Experience with software development, automation, infrastructure as code, and data-driven analysis
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and Salt
- Hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby
- Familiar with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as GitLab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, JIRA, and ServiceNow
- Significant experience with virtualized, containerization and bare metal infrastructure; KVM, Kubernetes, and OpenStack experience strongly preferred
- Experience with monitoring and management in public cloud is highly desired
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting competency
- Strong tendency to automate and monitor everything
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)