As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Staff DevOps Database Engineer
The DevOps Database Engineer will continuously enhance the automation of database deployments and maintenance for the Datto Cloud infrastructure. Youll work closely with various stakeholders to understand their needs for databases. Given that understanding, you will make recommendations and provide self-service offerings that enable stakeholders to deploy, monitor and maintain the right databases for their needs.
- Develop systems to further automate the deployment and maintenance of database services
- Enhance automated functions including, monitoring, backup, recovery, high availability, user management, access control and audit logging
- Add automated tests for every function on a continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform
- Collaborate with stakeholders to further understand their needs for databases, make recommendations and ultimately deploy solutions in the form of the databases and their orchestration
- Collaborate on the development of a content catalog to enable stakeholders to deploy their own solutions
- Collaborate with Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to ensure that use of content catalog provides the insights and control they need to guarantee uptime
- Provide second tier support for database issues
- Provide first tier on-call support for legacy instances of databases, including participation with four other team members in a 24X7 pager rotation
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in database engineering
- 3+ years experience of DevOps experience
- Experience with databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra and CockRoachDB (MySQL or PostgreSQL required)
- Experience with software development, automation, infrastructure as code, and data-driven analysis
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible required)
- Hands-on experience with Python and git
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform preferred
- Familiar with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as GitLab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, JIRA.
- Experience with virtualized and bare metal infrastructure; OpenStack experience preferred
- Experience with monitoring and management
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting competency
- Strong tendency to automate and monitor everything
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)