Office Tour Photos
We are hiring a Staff Data Scientist for our Personalization team in Boston, MA. This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of machine learning systems that power Personalization. You bring experience spanning data science and team leadership. This role offers a great opportunity for professional growth with the leading online pet retailer in the US. You will have a unique opportunity of providing pet parents with a personalized, easy and integrated experience on Chewy.com.
Millions of pet parents with unique needs visit Chewy.com looking for products for their beloved pets. We have the task to decide what products would be most useful to them and help them discover those products. How do we do this? Meet Personalization team @ Chewy. We use best of machine learning techniques and continuously test the outcomes to simplify product discovery for pet parents looking for their pet needs on Chewy.com. Our exceptional multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers and product managers work together to power personalized recommendations and product discovery for pet parents. Our team has single threaded ownership of the space allowing us to decide impactful products that we can experiment, measure with metrics and deliver at a fast pace.
What You'll Do:
- You would be responsible for the design, development and delivery of ML models for personalization
- You will be the Data Science lead. You will work with the team and other partner teams to define our technical roadmap
- You will deliver projects successfully and drive initiatives to scale our models in the face of growth
- You lead the development of data science practice with the adoption of relevant metrics
- You will hire and coach Data Scientists on the team
What You'll Need:
- Masters in the field (Computer Science, Mathematics, - Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- 8+ years of experience working in data science
- Experience with Python or R
- Demonstrated experience in the development of ML models at scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Position may require travel
- PhD in field (Computer Science, Mathematics, - Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- Experience working with AWS toolset (Glue, Athena, Lambda, Sagemaker etc.)
- Experience with recommender systems in E-Commerce
- Experience with ML tooling for Feature repository, Model registry, Model versioning and experimentation
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From