Weve built a strong data engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating from relational databases to a streaming and big data architecture, including a complete overhaul of our data feeds
- Defining streaming event data feeds required for real-time analytics and reporting
- Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our automation, test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will work with the development team to construct a data streaming platform and data warehouse that serves as the data foundations for the Namely product.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. Youll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career!
This role is open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.
- Build our next generation data warehouse
- Build our event stream platform
- Translate user requirements for reporting and analysis into actionable deliverables
- Enhance automation, operation, and expansion of real-time and batch data environment
- Manage numerous projects in an ever-changing work environment
- Extract, transform, and load complex data into the data warehouse using cutting-edge technologies
- Build processes for topnotch security, performance, reliability, and accuracy
- Provide mentorship to fellow team members
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Research, or related field required
- 10+ years of experience building data pipelines
- 4+ years of experience building data frameworks for unit testing, data lineage tracking, and automation
- Fluency in Scala and at least one other server-side programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go)
- Expert on Apache Spark
- Familiarity with streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, Flink)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Looker a plus
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we dofrom our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.