Chewy is looking for a highly motivated, independent, and dedicated Staff Data Engineer to join our to join our exciting and fast-paced team in Fraud Detection & Prevention based in Boston, MA.
Were looking for a strong engineer with a proven track record of building complex Data pipeline from ground up.
What you'll do:
- Technical leadership, guidance solution design and best practices.
- Independently drive data driven solution for larger cross functional & complex initiative as Architect/Lead capacity.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other engineering leaders to define and develop the data architecture roadmap
- Real-time Streaming and managing diverse datasets.
- A technical mentor, depth of domain knowledge
- Design and build Data Integration pipeline and platform, analytic solutions for Transactional system that enable Fraud Detection platform to analyze, prevent and add business value.
- Working with multiple data storage system, leverage data to design and implement pipeline for Trust & Safety.
- Identify optimal solutions to efficiently scale the data flow agnostic of on-prem or cloud.
- dentify critical KPIs to measure vendor performance and develop programs targeting improvement of those KPIs
- Collaborate and work closely with both application engineer and data scientist on both functional and technical front.
What you'll need:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience working with data warehouses (Vertica and Hadoop preferred)
- 5 10 years of experience writing software in any of the following programming language (Java, Python, or Scala)
- Experience in data warehouse design and data integration methodologies
- Experience performing analytics to solve complex business problems
- 3 to 5 years of experience integrating data between operational databases, Datawarehouse using data integration tools.
- Expert level knowledge of data integration and familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks
- SQL expertise and the ability to work with many different database types including Postgres, SQL Server, Snowflakes and others as required
- Able to work independently, own the requirements and deliverables, and produce an EDI solution end to end successfully
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for work products
- Experience designing analytic solutions in Vertica, Snowflake
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience in reporting tool
- Experience in ecommerce or large volume transactional systems
- Experience with statistical methods and data science
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].