The Staff Accountant will assist in the accounting operations of the companys overall business with a focus on our growing agency business by helping us with various general ledger activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting degree and experience in a high growth technology company. This is an important role with high visibility throughout the organization. The staff accountant will report to the senior accountant.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis, including our largest and most judgmental accounts
- Responsible for recording revenue under ASC 606 on a monthly basis
- Reconcile cash receipts and research any discrepancies, including working directly with business leaders to understand commission changes
- Communicate results to key Company personnel
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly general ledger close on a timely basis
- Documenting processes for all tasks, including improving processes through automation where available
- Other Ad-Hoc tasks
- 2+ years of related accounting experience, B.S. in Accounting
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with large data sets and advance knowledge of Microsoft excel, including using data sets in more powerful tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- More than basic understanding of US GAAP
- Basic understanding of acquisition accounting
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but dont let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
- Our Company is well established. A startup culture without startup anxiety
- We employ completely data-driven decision-making
- We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
- Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, offsites, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, equity and a relaxed & flexible work environment
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.