SS&C Eze is currently seeking a motivated and energetic team member to join the Corporate Accounting team as a Staff Accountant I. The ideal candidate will be hands on, detail oriented, and be proficient with ERP systems. In addition, this candidate must be well versed in Excel and data manipulation. Strong communication and organizational skills are essential to succeeding in this position. The role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Participate in month-end close for domestic and foreign entities
- Prepare journal entries based on information solicited from internal and external parties
- Analyze monthly results for assigned revenue/expense areas
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of financial data
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with business partners
- Assist with preparation of foreign statutory financial statements
- Support external and internal audits
- Responsible for maintaining controls established
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting policies, GAAP, and applicable statutory requirements
- Work with various groups on ad-hoc projects including new ERP implementation
- 1-3 years of equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance (Master’s in Accounting a plus)
- Outstanding organizational, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrates analytical abilities, with a tendency to quickly connect dots, and surmise logical outcomes
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- CPA a plus, but not required
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debate. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.
SS&C Eze is an equal opportunity employer.