Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
This position is an opportunity to become directly involved in the monthly closing process and daily operations. This position uses a variety of computer software packages and other system reports to assist in posting journal entries to the general ledger for both GAAP and STAT, to reconcile various general ledger accounts, and to report, analyze, and reconcile financial data related products and lines of business. The position requires someone with good analytical skills who enjoys the research and reconciliations process, pays attention to detail, and can work independently while meeting deadlines. In addition to operations functions, this position will be responsible for helping document new processes and update existing documentation for changes in current processes.
- Develop, implement and/or maintain one or more accounting systems and processes: journal entries, General Ledger, Cash, Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Accounts Payable, Accruals, etc.
- Prepares cash analysis and applicable manual entries and performs month-end cash reconciliations; Coordinates with Account Payables, Accounts Receivable, Treasury and other internal and external contacts to review transactions, address proper accounting, and resolve any variances.
- Prepares the prepaid analysis for insurance and other expenses, reconciliation and posting of manual adjusting entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet and applicable income statement accounts with supporting documentation for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the setup and/ or maintenance of processes, procedures and controls that properly capture, track and report financial results, in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley, U.S. GAAP and company policies.
- Effectively business partner and collaborate with cross functional teams and all members of our Accounting & Finance team (domestic and international).
- Assist in setup, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Company’s systems.
- Assist in transactional processing, data management activities, business intelligence analysis, capabilities and reporting, and other systems utilized by the Accounting & Finance team.
- Interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- Conducts month end balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- Provide requested documentation to auditors (internal and external) and respond to questions timely.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for responsible areas of the balance sheet and applicable income statement accounts.
- Focus on continuous improvement in areas of responsibility to drive transition to “best in class” finance organization.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, or as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and with multiple deadlines.
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation, with a personal commitment to meeting deadlines.
- High energy and ability to work well with all levels of management with consistent enthusiasm and professionalism.
- BA/BS in Accounting, required
- Strong PC Skills including strong working knowledge of Excel Spreadsheets, Microsoft Office Applications, QuickBooks a plus
- 2+ years Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, General Ledger experience in a corporate environment
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Self starter and self motivated.