Cultural Care Au Pair
Office Location: Cambridge, MA
We are looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to be directly involved in the full accounting cycle for Cultural Care Au Pair. The Staff Accountant reports to the Financial Manager based in our Cambridge office. Being part of this team provides you with the opportunity to learn and interact with many facets of our business while developing you to have an immediate impact. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a keen strength in numbers and analytical ability, we want you to work on our team!
Major Responsibilities include:
- Work closely and collaboratively across various departments to process employee expense reports and customer payments
- Review and ensure customer payments are accurate and processed timely
- Provide detailed customer payment reports to management
- Manage vendor relationship including timely processing of invoices and ensuring timely payments
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts, prepare, and enter journal entries and maintain reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Process monthly fixed asset capitalization and depreciation calculations
- Assist with monthly and quarterly compliance in meeting reporting deadlines
- Assist in preparation of supporting documents during year-end external audit
- Identify and implement process efficiencies together with the team
Who You Are:
- Earned a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Strong communication, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; VBA and macros a plus
- Apt at learning processes and multiple systems quickly
- Ability to prioritize workload and produce quality work accurately
- Force for good positive attitude and ability to seek out problems and find solutions
- Enjoys collaborating with others and thrives in team dynamics
Our benefits & perks:
Whether you are working in one of our beautiful and modern hub offices in Austin, Boston or Denver, or from the convenience of your remote home office, you will enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and events sponsored by our employee-run EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] EF.
In addition, you can also expect:
- Flexibility: Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: participate in our hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week
- Development: Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring sessions with global leaders and experts
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- Retirement: 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Insurance: Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance, dependent care coverage, and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Travel: Paid international business travel (when we resume travel restrictions due to Covid)
- Selfcare: Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- Discounts: EF program discounts including personal travel, language schools, and childcare as well as discounts at some local venues and area businesses
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education. At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 120 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zurich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique. For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com.
EF Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, parental status, Veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with everything we believe in and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate the laws and regulations in the locations in which we operate.