Why We Exist and What We Do
EditShare exists to simplify storytelling. We enable media professionals to collaborate on projects thanks to our ever-expanding range of innovative products and features, all designed to improve production and unleash creativity. Integration and collaboration are central to all products in our comprehensive range of media management solutions - from ingest to archive.
Why We Need You
EditShare is seeking a highly talented Staff Accountant to be a key member of the Global Finance team tasked with delivering the company’s financial transaction processing and reporting requirements and to support the business to meet the objectives.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager (US based) and supports both the UK and US-based Finance Teams.
You will be responsible for performing the daily transactional processing (vendor payables and expenses), banking transaction processing and management accounting support, and across the Group (based in the US).
You will be responsible for the financial controls, processes, and financial systems that enable us to meet operational, financial, and tax reporting, and local audit requirements (US and UK).
Problems You’ll Solve
In the first three months you will:
- Take on the timely and accurate accounting for all financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and expenses.
- Take on the day-to-day management and administration of the company’s banking, credit card and staff benefit platforms.
- Responsible for all financial administrative tasks and ensure smooth financial operations.
Within the first six month you will:
- Be comfortable with the processing of all daily transactions in NetSuite financial management platform
- Support the management accounting of inventory, prepayments, and accruals
Within the first twelve month you will:
- Contribute to delivering change and financial process design and improvement
- Prepare files in support of the local audit requirements in the US and UK
On an ongoing basis, you will
- Maintain and manage the chart of accounts, staying flexible with changing business requirements
- Perform and deliver the timely and accurate period-end close process and related financial reporting while making improvements to reduce close time and partnering the business functions
- Support the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and investigate and clear differences
- Develop, monitor, and enforce internal controls, policies, and procedures across the company
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis as required and support financial and business-wide change projects
- Prepare supplementary reporting to third parties
- Provide cover as necessary to ensure continuity of service to the business
What We’re Looking For
- A Strong team player
- Analytical, self-motivated, and highly organized
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Great at Problem-solving
- Takes initiative and identifies better ways to do things.
- Accountability & follow-through on commitments: You live up to verbal and written agreements. You do what you say and are not afraid to own your mistakes. You take the lead but are willing to ask for help.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: Some of your work will be one-time in nature while other projects will be more recurring. You need to be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, and able to communicate with others to keep them abreast of your work and get the buy-in you need to continue.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Experience of working in a similar international accounting role would be desirable.
- Experience in working with Oracle NetSuite financial management platform would be of advantage.
- Experience with inventory
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in accounting
How We Work
At EditShare, our culture is driven by a shared respect for our customers, our people, and our products. We are passionate about our Core Values and believe they empower us to innovate and solve complex problems. We expect all employees to own culture and live by the values.
- Customer Empathy: We listen first. We believe this allows us to understand the context of the story and respond rapidly with innovative solutions.
- Humility: We recognize that we are stronger as the sum of our parts and respect the value of each individual contribution. We have the courage to do the hard work and learn along the way.
- Dig Deep: We have the curiosity to ask questions until we understand and the integrity to follow through on hard discussions.
- All Around Players: We are all willing and able to step in and play any position. We all own the problem and are willing to quarterback a solution.
- Win Together: We are happy when our customers and our teams succeed. We practice honest communication and respectfully work together to solve complex problems
Perks and Benefits
🏖 Unlimited Holiday Days – a truly unlimited holiday policy
🩺 Private medical insurance
🦷 Private dental cover
🥰 Employee Assistance Programme
👁 EyeCare Plan
🚴♀️ Cycle to Work Program
🤒 Short-term and Long-term disability
💻 A hybrid approach to office working
🏢Company Wellbeing Days – we shut up shop twice a year to allow all employees to take the day off
👥 A collaborative, creative, and inspiring working environment
🤩 Group Life
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
🧸 Generous Family Leave package – we support you expanding your family
EditShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.