iRobots User Test team mission is to de-risk the design of our products and provide directional guidance on the future economic success of the product.
Through extensive in-home testing, the UT team gathers the voice of the customer and validates technical improvements and design choices during the development process.
Throughout the testing, the team analyzes the results and curates critical product performance insights that are shared with the technical teams, the product teams and the executive team.
iRobot is seeking a Contract/Temporary Senior User Test Specialist to play an important role in the development process.
In this role, you will be the key link between the development team and users who are validating that our prototypes and software are operating as intended in real world environments.
Users will provide you with insights of their needs and preferences, as well as report any issues they encounter while using the robot.
As a User Test Specialist, you will set up and maintain our test platform and manage all aspects of the test, ensuring issues are discovered early in development cycle and enabling iRobot to make better, more robust robots that delights our customers.
The individual in this role will work as part of the User Test Team within Systems Engineering and will work closely with Chief Engineers, Program Managers, Product Managers, as well as Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering and User Experience leads.
The successful candidate will have experience or capability to quickly learn all aspects of user-facing testing.
What You Will Do:
- Primary point of contact for testers during home trials, involving hundreds of users (consisting of employees and external testers)
- Setup and maintain online projects in Centercode and integrate feedback with other platforms
- Recruit and onboard testers (employees as well as external testers using third party database)
- Review users feedback, debug issues, and escalate more complex items to development team
- Define users weekly tasks/activities by working with product development team
- Ensure users stay engaged throughout the duration of test. (i.e., completing weekly tasks, reporting issues, answering surveys, etc.)
- Analyze and summarize valuable user feedback from user surveys and home testing journals
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Experience interacting with customers and resolving issues, utilizing online testing platform (e.g. Centercode)
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Familiarity with software APIs (JSON)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in field testing (Alpha, Beta, etc.) or technical customer service.
Nice to have
- Experience troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with product defect tracking tools (Jira, Agile Central/Rally, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in related field is desired