Applauses testing solutions ensure digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can via its technology platform and managed global community of over 400,000 on-demand digital experience experts.
We are looking for a Sr. Test Automation Lead to work out of our office in Austin, TX, Framingham, MA, or potentially remote.
Our Sr. Lead will be the technical automation lead for multiple customer projects that leverage the Applause Test Automation SDK. This person will consult with multiple customers to architect automation solutions using the framework, and lead global teams of community-based SDETs to deliver these solutions with speed and quality.
Responsibilities & day-to-day activities:
- Architect automation solutions from both technical and process perspectives for customers to solve their needs
- Team up with an Applause Project Manager to leverage a global team of SDETs to build, deploy, and maintain web, mobile web, native mobile and API-based automated tests
- Consult with customers on how to configure and manage CI infrastructure to execute and debug tests in a deployment pipeline
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to help drive the design and features of our internal automation tools & libraries
- Perform root cause analysis for issues uncovered by test results or escalated by SDETs
- Perform peer code reviews of automated tests to ensure best practices and standards
- Provide technical support to the presales team to demo/detail our solution to technical clients (Engineers, QA Managers, SDETs).
- Manage the execution of pilots with clients
- Lead teams of automation engineers across multiple customer accounts, acting as the senior automation lead responsible for quality.
- Team up with the Solution Delivery and Customer Success leaders to help integrate other Applause offerings alongside test automation (e.g. manual and/or exploratory testing).
- Deploy and manage Jenkins infrastructure on AWS to execute automated tests
- Help foster and grow a global team of test automation engineers with varying levels of expertise
- ~15% travel (North America) and occasional international (EMEA) travel required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or a related field
- Hands-on experience with Appium for automating web, native and hybrid apps on iOS & Android, Selenium for automating browser-based apps
- Experience with API testing with any popular web services client/toolkit
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of SDETs
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- 5+ years of experience developing UI automation and/or API testing solutions
- Experience with configuring continuous integration systems
- Responsible, team-oriented, self-starter, proactive with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in managing remote resources
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working as a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with the confidence to make choices and move forward.
- Experience in a customer facing role (Sales/Solution Engineering, Customer Support, Customer Success, Professional Services, etc.).
- Experience partnering with DevOps in building continuous testing pipelines
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and Scrum ceremonies.
- Experience presenting in front of large technical audience
- Experience working with executive and senior leaders to communicate the value of test automation through data-driven approaches
- Experience with an IDE (e.g. Eclipse, IDEA)
- Experience with an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery/Deployment processes
Applause leverages its worldwide community of on-demand digital testing professionals to create curated and vetted testing teams who provide our clients with a full suite of testing and feedback solutions. Our white-glove approach seamlessly integrates with any SDLC process, enabling leading brands across all industries to increase development velocity and deliver high-quality digital experiences to their customers.
More Jobs From