Interested in Amazon Alexa, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Our Alexa spoken language understanding analytics team (part of Alexa A.I.) is seeking a talented, self-directed Senior Technical Program Manager. In this strategic, high-visibility role you will own the execution of cross org projects and customer requests. You will work with product managers and engineering teams within and outside the org to define the scope, execution planning and program updates. You will gather requirements and distill it into clear working-backwards BRDs. You will use broad context from multiple businesses to develop a program vision and operating plan and work to set and manage stakeholder expectations. You will manage the program including scope, schedule, reviews and education sessions.
Our work within the Alexa AI org is technically complex. To be successful in this role, you will need exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Data Science to independently make informed decisions in discussions. The successful candidate will drive all parts of the program management and software delivery life-cycle; including scoping, planning, analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, launch, and operations. You must possess strong planning and organizational skills, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be self-driven and take pride in delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and is able to design and implement inventive, simple solutions to complex problems. He or she will be passionate about new technologies and have a track record of delivering high-visibility programs with many stakeholders on schedule and within budget . A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent program management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making process
- Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
- Proven experience in managing large scale projects
- Solid foundation in understanding big data systems, service oriented architecture and service inter-dependencies that drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
- Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
- Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
- Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
More Jobs From